- 8 flour tortillas
- For the cheese filling, mix together:
- 100 g ricotta or soft goat’s milk cheese, crumbled
- 1 soft mozzarella ball, shredded
- 1 cup grated mature Cheddar
- Oil for brushing
- For the avocado salsa, mix together:
- 1 firm ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1-2 spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 cos lettuce leaves, finely shredded
- 1 green chilli, chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt and milled black pepper, to taste
Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Sandwich the unoiled sides with the cheese mixture.
Place in an ungreased pan, under the grill or on a grid over the coals over a moderate heat,.
Toast until crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melting.
Cut each one into 4 wedges and serve with green salsa.
This makes for a welcome change at your next braai. You can also use Cheddar cheese only, and mix the cheese with creamed corn.