- 400 g Woolworths frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 2 T sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup mature Cheddar grated
- Chilli flakes, to garnish
- Chilli sauce, for drizzling (optional)
- Top with:
- 1 x 250 g plain cream cheese g tub
- 1 T fresh parsley very finely chopped
- 1 T fresh coriander very finely chopped
- 1 T fresh chives very finely chopped
- 8 Peppadews, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place 1 sheet puff pastry on a baking tray on a flat work surface. Spread generously with the sweet chilli sauce.
Mix the cheese together and sprinkle evenly over the pastry, pressing down firmly with your hand.
Top with the second pastry sheet (with the blue clingfilm on top) and press down firmly. Remove the clingfilm.
Cut the pastry into squares and move apart slightly to prevent them from sticking together while baking.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden and the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
To make the toppings, mix the cream cheese with the herbs and half the chopped Peppadews. Season to taste. Top the cooled pastry bites with the cream cheese mixture and garnish with the remaining Peppadews.
Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with chilli flakes and drizzle with chilli sauce if desired.
Chef's note: “I don’t think there’s any point in making your own puff pastry when Woolies does it so well. I also like to save time by buying ready-grated cheese. If you’re making these bites ahead of time, make sure they cool down to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container.”