- 1 butternut, peeled and halved lengthways
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 x 600 g punnet Woolworths pork-and-beef meatballs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 370 ml jar Woolworths Napoletana sauce
- 250 g penne, cooked al dente
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 250 g ricotta
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 t sage
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the butternut on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 T olive oil and season to taste. Roast for 30 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, pan-fry the meatballs in the remaining olive oil for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Pour the Naploetana sauce into an ovenproof dish, then top with the pasta, meatballs and butternut.
Top with the ricotta, Parmesan, cherry tomatoes and sage. Season and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the dish is warmed through.
Chef's note: Stuck with a whole lot of leftover roast butternut? Turn it into this easy, moreish supper.