- 3 T butter
- 2 T sugar
- 2 Woolworths Ripe & Ready crunchy pears, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 Woolworths Royal Gala apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 t olive oil
- 250 g Woolworths streaky wood-smoked bacon, sliced into thirds and fried until crispy
- 50 g walnuts, lightly toasted
- 40 g watercress
- 150 g Gorgonzola, broken into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
Melt the butter and sugar in a pan over a medium heat. Add the pears and apples and cook for 5 minutes until soft and caramelised.
Squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle over the olive oil. Set aside to cool.
Gently assemble the salad with the remaining ingredients and toss through the buttered pears and apples.
Season to taste and drizzle with vinegar.
Did you know? Apples love allspice, almonds, caramel, cardamom, Cheddar, cinnamon, cloves, cranberry, ginger, maple syrup, peanuts, pork, Port.
Pears, on the other hand, love blue cheese, brandy, chocolate, cinnamon, nutmeg, red wine, vanilla.