Thierry Arnold, the international ambassador for the House of Rémy Martin, visited South Africa recently and hosted two dinners at two of South Africa’s tops restaurants, Chef’s Warehouse and Marble.
The chefs at each restaurant created a bespoke menu which were paired with the three Rémy Martin VSOP, 1738 and XO specifically. Each complementing the unique tastes and flavours of the premium cognac.
Ivor Jones made his name at the famed Test Kitchen, before moving to Chef’s Warehouse to work with Liam Tomlin. Chef’s Warehouse offers a fresh and fun, seasonal and produce-driven menu that changes regularly. Situated at the top of the Constantia Valley, it offers one of the best views in Cape Town.
Ivor paired the Rémy Martin variants with:
- Stemmed ginger and dark chocolate with apricot served with Rémy Martin VSOP
- Vanilla shortbread with barbecued maple served with Rémy Martin 1738
- Casia bark macaroon with a hazelnut filling served with Rémy Martin XO
David Higgs is one of South Africa’s most known faces in the culinary industry. His restaurant Marble is a celebration of quintessential South African fare. All cooking is done on the fire.
David created a bespoke menu to enhance the flavours of each Rémy Martin variant:
- Mini apple, candied orange, dried apricot and liquorice served with Rémy Martin VSOP
- Fresh fig, dark chocolate truffle, plum, fig marmalade, toffee, toasted bread and butterscotch served with Rémy Martin 1738
- Parmesan cube, chocolate macaroon, plum, cinnamon milk tartlet, honeycomb and hazelnut served with Rémy Martin XO
All the Rémy Martin cognacs come exclusively from the two most prestigious crus, Petite and Grande Champagne. These regions deliver the most complex and opulent eaux-de-vie to produce Fine Champagne cognacs.
All Rémy Martin creations have an unparalleled signature style: harmonious, rich, and long on the palate, which reveals a unique aromatic intensity. The amazing complexity of Rémy Martin’s VSOP, XO and 1738 each have different signature flavours: floral, fruity, oaky and spicy notes representing the aromatic spectrum of the Fine Champagne Cognacs.
Sign up for Rémy Martin experiences around the country and to find out more about the campaign, “One Life.Live Them” visit remymartin.co.za.