- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 250 g butter
- 125 ml fresh cream
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Smooth apricot jam
- 2 egg whites, gently whisked
View this post on Instagram
1. Sieve the flour 3 times, then sieve the baking powder into the flour.
2. Grate the butter into the flour and rub to form a breadcrumb-like consistency.
3. Grate the butter into the flour.
4. Add the vanilla essence to the cream.
5. Pour the cream into the flour mixture and knead until a soft dough comes together.
6. Roll the dough out into a thin layer and, using a glass of 6 cm in diameter, cut out circles of the dough. Remove and place on wax wrap.
7. When completed, gently rub egg whites around the inner rim of the biscuit.
8. Spoon ½ t of gently beaten apricot jam into the centre of each biscuit, then gently fold the biscuit over and press the edges to seal.
9. Place on a baking tray and bake at 160°C for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits become a soft golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
10. Once cooled, roll around in caster sugar until each biscuit is covered with a light coating. Serve immediately.