- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 T olive oil
- 4 free-range chicken breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken, portioned
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 3 T dark treacle sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g Chinese noodles
- 1 t fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 red or green tomatoes, sliced, for serving
In a hot pan, stir-fry the garlic, chilli and ginger with 2 T olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until crisp and fragrant. Set aside.
Cut each chicken breast into three equal portions and toss in the remaining olive oil. Place a large pan over a high heat and, when hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
If you're using ready-cooked rotisserie chicken, simply cut into portions.
Add the soya sauce, treacle sugar and a good crack of black pepper. Swirl around until the sugar dissolves and the sauce becomes sticky, then remove from the heat.
Add the Chinese noodles, then toss with the fish sauce, coriander and mango.
Serve with the garlic, ginger, chilli and tomatoes.
Production: Hannah Lewry