- 400 g pork fillet
- 2 T soya sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 8 spring onions, chopped, plus extra for garnishing
- 250 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 T sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 crisp lettuce, cut into slim wedges
- Cooked noodles or rice, for serving
Dice the pork fillet, then mix well with the soya sauce, garlic, chilli, spring onions and mushrooms. Heat the oil over a high heat in a large pan, add the pork and stir-fry.
Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Place the lettuce wedges on top and reduce the heat. Cover tightly and steam for 5 minutes. Add more soya sauce if necessary.
Garnish with spring onion and serve with noodles or rice.
Cook’s note: Sprinkle with sesame oil at the table, if you like.