- 2 x 100 g Woolworths asparagus tips punnets
- 6 red salad onions, roughly chopped
- ½ lemon , zested
- 2 x 250 g Woolworths chunky cottage cheese tubs
- 1 x 170 g Woolworths asparagus spears punnet, blanched
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Edible flowers, to garnish
Blanch the asparagus tips in boiling salted water for 30 seconds, then plunge into iced water.
Drain and roughly chop the asparagus tips, then place in a mixing bowl with the salad onions, lemon zest and 1 tub cottage cheese. Blend using a hand-blender until the ingredients are just combined, then fold through the remaining cottage cheese. Spoon into the middle of a serving platter.
Blanch the asparagus spears in the same manner as the tips, then shave thin ribbons from some of the spears using a vegetable peeler. Toss with the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil and pile onto the dip. Stand the remaining asparagus spears around the dip and garnish with edible flowers.
Chef's note: “This simple dip will add pizzazz to your table. Serve with crackers, thin slices of fresh or toasted baguette, or quartered toasted pita breads.