- 2 cups shredded celery
- 2 heads chicory, sliced on the slant
- 2 avocados, cut into short thick slices
- 400 g block firm tofu
- Avocado oil
- Soy sauce or ponzu sauce (a citrus-flavoured soy sauce)
- For garnishing:
- Tufts of bitter greens (mizuna or curly endive, or a mix)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons thick mayonnaise
- Sea salt and milled pepper to taste.
Mix the celery, chicory and avocado.
Combine the ingredients for the dressing, and pour over the salad.
Cut the tofu into 8 slices. Pat dry with paper towel.
Dryfry in a heated non-stick pan until brown and crusty.
Top servings of salad with still-warm tofu.
Drizzle with avocado oil and soy.
Tuck in tufts of bitter greens.