- 2–3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 350 g cake flour
- 2 free-range eggs
- 5 T butter, melted, plus extra for frying
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk, plus extra for serving
- Fresh honeycomb, for serving, optional
1. Place the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and buttermilk in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Pour the wet mixture over the flour and mix well, taking care not to overmix.
3. Place a pan over a medium heat and add a little butter. Once the butter has melted, drop spoonfuls of the flapjack mixture into the pan, cook until the surface bubbles, then turn and cook the other side. Serve hot with the honeycomb if you like, or yoghurt and fresh berries and maple syrup or honey.