- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 100 g leeks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 1 T thyme
- 225 g chorizo
- 12 anchovies, roughly chopped
- 3 T tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 500 ml box Woolworths organic liquid chicken stock
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans, drained
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 60 g sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 lemon, zested
- 3 T Italian parsley
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil and butter in a deep, heavy-based, ovenproof casserole dish. Fry the leeks and onion until golden. Add the garlic, paprika and thyme and sauté for a few seconds.
Add the chorizo and cook for a few minutes, then add the remaining ingredients except the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parsley.
Cover and bake for 1 1⁄2 hours. Check the liquid in the last 30 minutes of cooking time and add boiling water if necessary.
Combine the breadcrumbs, lemon zest and parsley. Scatter over the cassoulet and return to the oven until golden.