- For the beetroot hummus:
- 10 mini beetroot, quartered
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 180 g punnet Woolworths hummus
- For the jalapeño buttermilk dressing:
- 2 - 3 jalapeños, halved
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 T mint, roughly chopped
- 2 T chives, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 packs Woolworths halaal beef koftas
- 6 Woolworths wholewheat pita breads, charred, for serving
Place the beetroot in a tinfoil parcel. Drizzle with olive oil, season and cook over low coals for 25–30 minutes, or until tender. Blend the hummus and 4–6 beetroot until smooth and evenly mixed.
To make the buttermilk dressing, grill the halved jalapeños on the braai until blackened and charred. Blend with the remaining ingredients using a hand- blender until smooth. Season to taste.
Cook the koftas according to package instructions and serve with the warm, charred pita breads, beetroot hummus and remaining roasted beetroot.