- 3 T butter
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups organic ready-made vegetable or chicken stock
- 4 medium beetroots, washed and grated
- 1 x 250 g tub mascarpone
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Place a saucepan over a very low heat, add the butter and leave to melt. Add the chopped shallots and garlic and fry until softened (but do not colour).
Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated. Continue to stir for 3 minutes before adding the white wine.
Cook for a further two minutes, then add the stock, a little at a time and stirring frequently, until it is absorbed and the risotto has a luxurious creamy texture.
Fold in the grated beetroot and warm through.
Spoon the risotto into separate bowls and add a dollop of mascarpone sprinkled lightly with lemon zest.
Season to taste then scatter with the torn basil leaves and serve.
Per serving: 2434.5 kJ, 5.2 g protein, 44.5 g fat, 35.8 g carbs