- 2 T olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 x 240 g tubs Woolworths cooked beetroot in vinaigrette
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic beef or vegetable stock
- 1 T Woolworths miso paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 40 g Woolworths buckwheat-and-cranberry sprinkle, for serving
- plain yoghurt, for serving
- avocado on toast, for serving
- For the black sesame tahini:
- 70 g black sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli in the olive oil in a saucepan for 10 minutes. Add the sweet potato, beetroot and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the sweet potato is tender, about 30 minutes.
2. Stir in the miso paste and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
3. To make the black sesame tahini, lightly toast the sesame seeds in a pan. Blend the toasted sesame seeds and oil until smooth. Add more oil if the mixture is too thick.
4. Serve the soup with a drizzle of black tahini, yoghurt and the buckwheat-and- cranberry sprinkle with the avocado toast on the side.
Cook’s tip: Using Woolies’ marinated beetroot saves time and boosts flavour. And using store-bought tahini is perfectly acceptable.