- 800 g Woolworths free-range beef fillet
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for searing
- For the braai basting, mix:
- ½ cup soya sauce cup
- 2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cups honey
- 3 T canola oil
1. Season the fillet and rub in olive oil. Sear all over on a very hot braai until golden brown and a crust starts to form – resist the urge to keep turning it over.
2. Remove from the heat and pour the basting over the fillet as it rests. Just before you’re ready to serve,
place it back on the braai and baste the meat until sticky and catching slightly but not burning.
3. When cooked to your liking, remove from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice, dress with basting sauce and serving with the salad.
Photograph: Andrea van der Spuy
Food Assistant: Kate Ferreira & Emma Nkunzana