- 2 x 300 g punnets Woolworths mixed exotic mushrooms
- 3–4 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T brandy
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 50 g butter
- white anchovies, for serving
- For the cheese fondue:
- 2 t lemon juice
- 1½ cups white wine
- 1 t cornflour
- 200 g Gruyère, grated
- 200 g Emmenthaler, grated
- 1 x 70 g pack Woolworths speck
- ciabatta or sourdough toast, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Toss the mushrooms in the olive oil and season to taste, then spread out in an even layer on a baking tray and roast for 10–15 minutes.
Increase the oven’s temperature to its highest and add the brandy, rosemary and butter and roast for a further 5–10 minutes.
To make the fondue, simmer the lemon juice and white wine in a small saucepan for 15 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 1 t water to make a slurry. Add the grated cheese to the saucepan and stir until melted and well combined. Stir in the cornflour and cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with the mushrooms on the toast with the speck and anchovies.