This broccoli, bulgur wheat, halloumi and honey-roasted tomatoes is the perfect light meal on hot summer days. Plus, it will make you feel good inside and out.
- 6 salad tomatoes, halved
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g bulgur wheat
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 2 avocados, peeled and halved
- 360 g halloumi, pan-fried
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place a wire rack on top of a baking tray. Place the tomatoes cut-side up on the rack. Drizzle with olive oil, honey and season. Roast for 20–30 minutes.
2. Cook the bulgur wheat according to package instructions. Boil the broccoli for 2 minutes, then remove immediately and place in iced water. Blitz in a food processor until rice-like in consistency.
3. Stir through the cooked bulgur wheat, drizzle with olive oil and season. Top with the avocado and halloumi, scatter over the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and any juices from the tomatoes.
Photographs: Robbert Koene
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen