“Roast broccoli topped with cheese and walnuts is so great on its own, you could even go gluten-free without the pizza base!”
- 400 g Woolworths Tenderstem broccoli
- 2 T olive oil
- to taste
- 4–6 ready-made pizza bases
- 125 g blue cheese
- 1 clove crushed
- 50 g lightly toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Moisten the broccoli with the olive oil and season. Spread out as flat as possible on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast for 15 minutes, or until the tips are starting to catch and crisp and the stems are just tender.
2. Bake the pizza bases according to package instructions. When ready, crumble over the blue cheese and add a few twists of black pepper and the crushed garlic.
3. Pile on the warm broccoli and add the broken walnuts. Serve immediately.
Photograph: Toby Murphy
Production: Brita Du Plessis
Food Assistant: Kate Ferreira