- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 600 g Tenderstem broccoli, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Low-fat plain yoghurt for serving
- 2 shallots, finely sliced, for garnishing
- Pink peppercorns for sprinkling
- For the olive oil rye flatbreads:
- 180 g rye flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt a pinch, plus extra for sprinkling
In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a gentle simmer, then add the broccoli and potato and boil gently for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Season to taste and serve hot, topped with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkling of shallots and pink peppercorns, with olive oil rye flatbreads on the side.
To make the olive oil rye flatbreads, preheat the oven to 200°C. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rye flour with the olive oil, sea salt and 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Gently create a dough and knead until silky.
Cut into 8 portions and roll out into rough oval shapes on a floured surface. Sprinkle with a little more salt, transfer to a greased baking tray and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until crisp.