- 300 g brown rice
- For the green pesto, blend:
- 100 g herbs (any mix of rocket, watercress, baby spinach or basil), roughly chopped
- 2 garlic large cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 500 g a mix of fine green beans and Tenderstem broccolli
- 300 g halloumi
- Olive oil, a splash
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook the rice according to package instructions. Turn off the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes, covered.
Turn the rice into a large bowl. Half-fold in the pesto to create a marbled effect. Top with the grilled vegetables and check the seasoning. Add the grilled halloumi. Moisten with a little olive oil if you like and serve in bowls.
To grill the vegetables, trim the beans but leave whole. Split the broccoli stems lengthways. Oil and season the vegetables and arrange in a single layer on a grill pan. Grill under a high heat for 5 minutes, or until tender and starting to catch. Do so in batches if necessary.
To grill the halloumi, slice and moisten with oil. Grill for 2–3 minutes until soft. Serve immediately.