- 2 fresh chillies, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 500 g butternut, diced
- 500 g sweet potato, diced
- 1 x 400 g can coconut milk
- 2 t ground nutmeg
- 1 cup good-quality vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g phyllo pastry
- 2 T butter, melted
- pumpkin seeds, to scatter
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a saucepan over a medium heat, gently fry the chilli and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant and slightly softened.
Add the butternut and sweet potato and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk, nutmeg and stock and leave to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Spoon the butternut and sweet potato broth into separate ovenproof bowls and season to taste.
Cut four oversized sheets of phyllo pastry and lay one over each bowl.
Secure in place with string, lightly brush with melted butter and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden.