- 2 large brinjals
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 500 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes
- 15 g purple basil
- 15 g basil
- For the dressing, mix:
- 12 green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 8 anchovies fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 large exotic tomato, grated into a bowl with the juice
- 2 T parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Chop the brinjals into bite-sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl with the red onion, olive oil and salt. Toss to coat the vegetables with the oil.
Place on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Roughly slice the tomatoes into different sizes and thicknesses. Place on a large serving dish with the roast brinjals and red onion. Add the basil and spoon over the dressing.