- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, sliced evenly
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and peeled
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, quartered and seeded fresh basil sprouts or baby basil, for se
- Croutons, for serving
- For the salsa verde, blend:
- 2 T parsley
- 1 T basil
- 2 t mint
- 2 t capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t whole-grain mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra if needed
- White-wine vinegar, to taste
Plate the mozzarella so that each slice overlaps. Season to taste.
Slice the avocado widthways and place on top of the mozzarella and season again.
Top with the quartered tomatoes and season for the last time.
Combine the ingredients for the salsa verde and serve with the croutons.