- 100 g blueberries, halved
- 8 purple spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 t caster sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 x 5 cm ginger piece, grated
- 400 g lightly smoked trout, very thinly sliced
- Pea shoots, for serving
Combine all the ingredients except the trout and pea shoots. When you are ready to serve, divide the trout between plates and spoon over the dressing. Garnish with the pea shoots.
Cook’s note: Serve with soft goat’s cheese, chives and toast if you like.