- 250 g frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 100 g butter, melted
- 350 g asparagus spears
- 200 g Woolworths grated mature Cheddar
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 t chives finely chopped
- 1 x 250 g Woolworths full-cream chunky cottage cheese tub
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Pink peppercorns, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Brush the pastry with the melted butter, then cut into 10 cm x 15 cm strips. Wrap each strip around an asparagus spear. Arrange on a baking tray, sprinkle generously with the Cheddar and season with salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crunchy and golden. 2
Mix the chives into the cottage cheese and season to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with the hot asparagus sticks. Garnish with the pink peppercorns.
Chef's note: These asparagus phyllo sticks are moreish and surprisingly light. Serve them as a hot snack with a refreshing glass of cider.”