- 8 portions free-range chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2 T sunflower oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 50 g korma curry paste
- 1 x 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 x 400 g lentils, drained and rinsed
- Coriander chopped, for sprinkling
- Brown basmati rice, cooked according to package instructions, for serving
- For the papaya salsa, mix:
- 1 small papaya, chopped
- 6 salad onions, chopped
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 3 T fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
Brown the chicken in the oil. Remove from the heat and season. Add the onion to the pan and fry gently until soft and just starting to colour. Stir in the garlic, then the curry paste. Gradually stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Return the chicken to the pan and add the lentils. Simmer for 30 minutes, semi-covered, or until the chicken is very tender. Sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Serve with the papaya salsa and brown basmati rice.