- 2 T sunflower oil
- 1 x 4 cm ginger piece, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 x 400 ml coconut milk can
- 100 g ground almonds
- 2 T fresh coriander roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 t fish sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- 4 salad onions, sliced lengthways, to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute, then add the turmeric.
Add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides. Add three-quarters of the coconut milk and reduce slightly.
Add the ground almonds, coriander, lime juice and fish sauce. Check the seasoning and add salt if necessary.
To make the sticky bananas, place the butter and brown sugar in a pan over a medium heat. Allow the sugar to melt, then add the bananas, cut-side down. Brown for 3 minutes.
Place the sticky bananas on a serving dish and spoon over the chicken curry. Place the salad onions in iced water until they begin to curl. Use to garnish the dish with the coriander and drizzle over the remaining coconut milk.