- 500 g free-range chicken thigh portions
- Olive oil, for moistening
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g penne, cooked al dente, for serving
- Rocket, to garnish
- For the red pepper pesto:
- 2 large red peppers, quartered and seeded
- 20 g rocket
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 75 g Parmesan grated
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t chilli flakes
Oil and season the chicken. Grill for 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Mix with half the pesto.
To make the pesto, grill the red peppers – skin side up – until charred. Place in a bowl and cover with clingwrap until cooled, then peel and chop. Blend the garlic with the peppers and rocket. Add the oil and blend to form a paste. Stir in the Parmesan, seasoning and chilli flakes.
Spoon the chicken over the pasta and garnish with rocket. Serve with the remaining pesto.