- 1 kg pork neck
- For the marinade, mix together:
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stem lemon grass, finely chopped
- 4 T black bean sauce
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 T black vinegar
- 2 t sugar
- 1 T mirin
- For the peach salsa:
- 3 ripe peaches, stoned and torn into small chunks
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- tenderstem broccoli, asparagus tips and mangetout, for serving
Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Place the pork neck on a board and score the fat across with 1cm between each slit. Rub the marinade into the pork and leave for 15 minutes.
Place the pork neck on a baking tray and put in the oven for about 40 minutes, basting and turning it every 15 minutes or so.
For the last 10 minutes of roasting, turn the heat up to 220°C to create a crisp layer of crackling.
When cooked, allow to rest.
To make the salsa: Combine the torn peaches with the coriander, chilli and lemon segments, and drizzle with lemon juice.
Serve juicy slices of pork on a bed of blanched mangetout, asparagus tips and tenderstem broccoli. Top with tangy salsa.
Per serving: 1819.1kJ, 52.6g protein, 11.4g fat, 17.8g carbs