- 3 cups water
- 90 g Woolworths rolled oats
- 1–2 t cocoa powder
- Woolworths unsweetened almond milk, for serving
- honey, for drizzling
- Woolworths soya butter, for serving
- Woolworths Flavourburst blueberries, for serving
- Woolworths Medjool dates, torn, for serving (optional)
1. Place 2½ cups water in a small saucepan and stir through the oats. Bring to the boil, then turn off the heat, cover with a lid and leave on the hot stove plate for 20 minutes. It's crucial to keep the lid on and the pot over the cooling stove plate so the oats don't become stodgy.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and stir gently. Cook for a further 5–10 minutes, adding the remaining water to loosen the oats. Do not leave them unattended as they burn very easily.
3. Fold in the cocoa and a splash of almond milk. Divide between bowls and top with the honey, soya butter, blueberries and dates. Serve warm.
Photography: Myburgh du Plessis
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira