- 2-3 T olive oil
- 6 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 baby leeks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 x 400 ml cans butter beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add the olive oil, shallot, baby leek, garlic, smoked paprika and chilli and fry until fragrant and softened. Add the chorizo slices and turn up the heat to sear the sausage, releasing its wonderful spicy oils.
Add the butter beans and chicken stock and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the chopped parsley, season to taste and serve immediately.
Add a spoon of crème fraîche to enrich this spicy soup, if you like.