Enjoy this incredible Chuckles malt ice cream and chocolate babka meringe bombe dessert as a centrepiece for your Christmas celebrations.
- 1 Woolworths chocolate-and-nut babka, sliced
- 2 litres Woolworths Chuckles malt ice cream
- 125 g Woolworths Chuckles, roughly crushed
- 200 g white chocolate, melted
- For the meringe:
- 4 free-range egg whites
- 225 g caster sugar
1. Line a 2-litre capacity bowl with clingwrap, then line the sides with slices of babka.
2. Gently soften the ice cream and add the Chuckles. Spoon the mixture into the lined bowl and freeze overnight.
3. To make the meringue, beat the egg whites until foamy, then gradually add the sugar, whisking until glossy and stiff. Invert the bombe onto a serving plate and remove the clingwrap.
4. Spoon dollops of meringue onto the outside of the bombe and smooth. Brûlée the outside using a blowtorch or place in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
5. Spread the melted chocolate onto a sheet of greaseproof paper. Chill until set. Dip a star-shaped cookie cutter into hot water and gently cut out stars.
6. Keep the stars in the freezer between layers of clingwrap until you are ready to decorate the bombe.
Cook's note: You can use any cake or ice cream to line the bombe. If you like, add raspberries to the ice cream or use two different flavours to create a two-tone effect. Make the bombe up to a week in advance and freeze. Make the meringue and brûlée just before serving.