You only need 4 ingredients to make this classic pudding – and you probably already have them in your pantry! Sound on to hear the ultimate crack.
- 1.2 litres cream
- 1 T vanilla paste (or the seeds of 1 vanilla pod)
- 12 large free-range egg yolks
- 110 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
View this post on Instagram
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C. Heat the cream and vanilla in a saucepan until simmering, then remove from the heat.
2. Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until pale. Slowly add the cooling cream to the egg yolk mixture while the mixer is running to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
3. Strain the mixture through a sieve, then divide between 8 ramekins and place in a roasting tray filled with water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Loosely cover the roasting tray with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tray, then cover with clingfilm and set in the fridge overnight.
5. Sprinkle with caster sugar just before serving and brûlée using a blowtorch until golden and set for the perfect crack.
Production: Hannah Lewry
Videography: Romy Wilson