- For the cookie dough base:
- 30 g flour
- 30 g cold butter, cubed
- 35 g caster sugar
- 1 T condensed milk
- 1/2 t vanilla paste or extract
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 T peanut butter (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread out the flour in a baking tray or ovenproof dish and bake for 10 minutes, shaking every few minutes to ensure it browns evenly. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy in a mixer. Add the condensed milk and vanilla paste and combine. Add the flour and mix until a sticky dough forms.
3. Add the coconut, fold in the chocolate and roll the mixture into small balls. Sprinkle with more desiccated coconut. If you want to add peanut butter, you may need to add more desiccated coconut or baked flour to prevent a sticky dough.
Cook's note: This is not recommended in big portions or to be eaten too often! There are no eggs to prevent risk of food poisoning. Baking the flour is an important step as it kills any bacteria which may be present in the flour.