- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sweet soya sauce*
- 1.5kg leg of lamb, deboned
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 ripe papayas, peeled and halved
- 70 g mixed butter lettuce
- 100 g fennel, sliced
- 200 g baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the papaya dressing, blend:
- ¼ papaya, peeled and seeded
- 2 T coconut milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place a pan on a high heat and drizzle with olive oil.
Rub the sweet soya sauce on the lamb and place in the pan to sear evenly and create a sticky coating, then transfer the meat to a cast-iron pan, add the coconut milk and put it in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
Hollow the papayas and slice the flesh thinly, then divide between four plates.
Top with butter lettuce, fennel and cucumber slices.
Place slices of lamb on the salad and drizzle with the papaya dressing.
Season to taste.
* Cook's note: you can buy wheat-free soy sauce from health stores to make this recipe gluten/wheat free.
Per serving: 1 745KJ, 6.4g protein, 39.3g fat, 11.8g carbs