- 6 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 4 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g chickpeas cans, drained
- 4 purple spring onions, sliced
- 2 limes, zested
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Using a small sharp knife, carefully peel the sweet potatoes to make potato skin chips, toss with 1 T olive oil, then arrange on a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt to taste and bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden.
Place the remaining ingredients except the coconut milk in a blender and blend coarsely, then add the coconut milk, a little at a time. Season to taste and serve the potato skins with the coconut smashed chickpeas for dipping.
Cook's note: Keep the sweet potato flesh in water and use to make mash.