- 2 x 400 g cans organic chopped tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 T organic olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups organic vegetable stock
- For the marinated fresh tomato topping, mix together
- 100 g organic baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 T organic balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- organic parsley, chopped, for garnishing(optional)
Preheat the oven to 230ºC.
Drain the chopped tomato, reserving the juice. Turn onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Add the garlic then drizzle over the olive oil and season.
Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until starting to catch.
Blend with the reserved tomato juice and stock. Adjust the seasoning and refrigerate if you'd like to eat the soup cold.
Serve the soup topped with a spoonful of the marinated fresh tomato.
Per serving: 650 kJ, 3.8 g protein, 11.5 g fat, 9.5 g carbs
It may seem like extra effort, but roasting intensifies the flavour of the tomato in this soup.