- 1 x 2 kg medium Woolworths Easy to Carve gammon
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 600 g carrots, peeled and thickly diced
- 500 g celery stalks, thickly diced
- 6 x 330 ml bottles Hunter\'s Gold cider (or ginger ale)
- 1 x 150 g tub Woolworths Christmas honey-and- mustard glaze
- Butter, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Wash the gammon and place in a large pot, packing the vegetables around it.
Add the cider or ginger ale, ensuring the vegetables and gammon are covered. Cover and bring to the boil over a medium heat, then gently simmer over a low heat for about 2 hours (30 minutes for every 500 g). Keep an eye on the pot, reducing the heat if necessary. Do not let it boil dry.
When the gammon is cooked, remove it from the heat. Remove the netting and peel o the skin, exposing the fat layer.
Score the fat and place in a roasting pan with 2 cups of the cooking liquid, then brush with the honey-and-mustard glaze, cover with foil and place in the oven for 10–20 minutes at 160°C, then grill uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
Drain the vegetables and roughly mash using a fork, add butter and season to taste.
Serve with the vegetables.