- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 T parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and the zest of 1
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 8 anchovies fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cos lettuce heads, for serving
Halve and stone the avocados. Scoop out the flesh and place it in a mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk, parsley, lime juice and garlic.
Blend until smooth using either an electric hand blender or food processor. Season lightly with salt.
Spoon the dressing into a bowl and scatter with the anchovies, lime zest and spring onion. Drizzle over the olive oil. Serve the dressing with cos lettuce, using the leaves to scoop it up.