- 3 bulbs baby fennel, roughly chopped
- 2 dried chillies, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 t butter
- 2 t olive oil
- ½ cup wine
- ½ cup cream
- 100 g creamy Gorgonzola, crumbled, plus extra for serving
- 8 baby marrows, cut into thin ribbons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Crisp bread, for serving
- 2 cans of butter beans
Place a pan over a medium to high heat and add the fennel, dried chilli, shallot, garlic, butter and 1 T olive oil. Stir-fry for 5 to 10 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
Add the wine and stir until incorporated, then slowly add a good drizzle of cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Add the Gorgonzola and fold into the mixture.
Remove from the heat. In a separate pan over a high heat, fry the baby marrow ribbons in the remaining olive oil until lightly golden and cooked through.
Season to taste. Serve the creamy white beans in shallow bowls with a helping of baby marrow ribbons, extra Gorgonzola and thin crisp breads on the side.