- 12 baby tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 stick celery, thinly sliced
- A few olives
- A few curls shaved carrot
- 2 small or 1 large cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 250 g cleaned fresh small calamari tubes and tentacles
- Juice of 1–2 lemons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Flour, for dusting
- For the dressing, mix:
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ t honey
- 2-3 T chopped Italian parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Marinate the tomato halves, cucumber and celery slices, olives and carrot shavings in the dressing, then, just before serving, add the salad leaves and toss together.
Rinse and drain the calamari then soak it in the lemon juice and some seasoning while the oil is heating in a large frying pan.
Dip the calamari into flour and fry in the hot oil until crusty and golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
Spoon over the salad and serve immediately.