- 1 English cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 4 red salad onions 4, thinly sliced
- 100 g peanuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, juiced
- For the fat-free Asian dressing:
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 T fish sauce
- 1 T coconut blossom sugar or brown sugar
- 1 x 4 cm ginger cm piece, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
Slice the cucumber using a julienne peeler, discarding the seeds.
Peel and thinly slice the avocado, then place on a serving platter with the cucumber. Scatter over the salad onions and peanuts and drizzle over the lemon juice.
To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
Cook's note: If you don't have a julienne peeler, use a vegetable peeler to peel long strips from the cucumber, then thinly slice them using a sharp knife.
Chef's note: “This salad is delicious as is or you can add feta, mango, poached chicken or prawns.”