- 125 g butter
- 120 g icing sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 250 g cake flour
- 120 g custard powder
- For the custard cream icing:
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 T custard powder
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 T milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cream the butter and icing sugar and add the vanilla.
2. Sift in the cake flour and custard powder and combine well until it forms large clumps.
3. Pull the dough together and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or roll into small balls, press onto a prepared baking tray and flatten with a fork.
4. Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool before icing.
5. To make the icing, place all ingredients into a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer at a low speed until it all comes together, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 3–4 minutes.