- 2 x 250 g sheets Woolworths all-butter puff pastry, thawed
- 4–6 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 1 x 250 g tub sour cream
- 200 g Emmenthal, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 g rosemary, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- maple syrup or honey, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Score a 1–2 cm border around each sheet of pastry and chill until ready to assemble.
2. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil to coat. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, cheese, seasoning and rosemary.
3. Spread evenly onto the pastry inside the borders, then top with an even layer of potatoes. Do not pile too many slices of potato on top of each other as they won’t cook evenly, 2–3 slices at most.
4. Brush the borders of the tarts with egg and bake for 35–45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the potatoes are tender and slightly golden. Rotate the tart during baking for even cooking. To serve, drizzle with maple syrup or honey and garnish with rosemary.