If you're looking for the ultimate roast potato recipe, you've found it. The duck fat guarantees these will be incredibly crispy and full of flavour, every single time.
- 1 1/2 kg medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- sea salt, to taste
- 200 g Woolworths duck fat, heated
- 5 sprigs thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until a knife pierces them easily but not so they fall apart. Drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C and heat the duck fat in a roasting pan for 5 minutes. Place the potatoes in the duck fat, taking care not to burn yourself. Season, add the thyme and roast for 60–90 minutes, tossing occasionally to crisp evenly.
3. Once golden and crisp, remove from the oven and drain on kitchen paper just before serving. Season to serve.