- 8 large prawns, cleaned
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 baby leeks, sliced
- 1 x 800 g can Italian whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup fish or vegetable stock
- 500 g mussels, cleaned
- 2 x 200 g fillets hake, sliced into chunks
- 2 T sun-dried-tomato pesto, for serving
- fresh basil leaves, to scatter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry the prawns in 1 T olive oil until pink in colour and cooked through. Set aside.
Add the garlic, leek and remaining oil to the same pan and gently fry until soft.
Spoon in the tomato and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pour in the wine and stock and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Cook the mussels and hake in the simmering broth for 10 minutes, or until cooked. Add the cooked prawns a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time.
Divide the bouillabaisse between four bowls and top with a dollop of sun-driedtomato pesto and a scattering of fresh basil leaves.
Season to taste and serve.