- 500 g Woolworths frozen Southern fried calamari strips
- 500 g Woolworths frozen crumbed hake portions
- For the home-made tartare sauce, mix:
- 4 T plain yoghurt
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 4 gherkins, chopped
- 1 T caperberries, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 - 2 T dill, chopped
- 4 hamburger rolls, toasted and halved
- Celery, shaved, for serving
- Baby cucumbers, shaved, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Arrange Woolworths frozen Southern fried calamari strips and frozen crumbed hake portions on a baking tray and bake according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, combine plain yoghurt, mayonnaise, chopped gherkins, chopped caperberries, the zest and juice of the lemon (or to taste), chopped red onion and chopped dill. Toast the hamburger rolls and spread with the tartare sauce.
Top with shaved celery, baby cucumbers, hake and calamari.
Cook's note: Your version of the US-style fish burger. The yoghurt tartare sauce is light and refreshing.