- 1 organic chicken, about 1.5kg, washed, backbone and wingtips removed
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet ready-to-use organic yellow sweet potatoes
- 1 packet ready-to-use organic orange sweet potatoes
- juice of 3 organic oranges
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Open out the chicken and flatten. Pat dry and season. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Add the potatoes, spreading them to cover the pan, season and place the spatchcocked (butterflied) chicken on top. Roast for 45 minutes, then pour over the orange juice. Roast for another 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
Cook’s tips: The chicken can be prepared to oven-ready in advance. Refrigerate it uncovered, but bring it to room temperature before putting in the oven. If you can’t find the ready-to-use packets, buy 1kg whole sweet potatoes, and peel and slice yourself.
Per serving: 2 675kJ, 33.6g protein, 33.9g fat, 48.2g carbs
Everyone’s favourite is that much tastier when made with an organic chicken and sweet potatoes.