- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 x 70 g sachet laksa paste
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups ready-made organic chicken stock
- 1 x 400 ml can low-fat coconut milk
- 1 T fish sauce
- 2 t palm sugar
- 1 T galangal paste
- 200 g soba noodles, cooked until al dente
- 2 free-range eggs, boiled until just hard
- 1 cup fresh herbs, for serving
- 1 cup onion sprouts, for serving
- 50 g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place a pan over a medium to low heat and drizzle with sesame oil. When the oil is hot, add the laksa paste and gently fry until fragrant. Add the chicken and sear on all sides.
Add the stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar and galangal paste and leave to simmer slowly for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the colour becomes more intense and the flavours are fully released. Remove from the heat.
Divide the noodles between four bowls and ladle over the laksa chicken curry.
Serve each with half a boiled egg, a scattering of fresh herbs and onion sprouts and another light one of toasted cashew nuts. Season to taste.